Dollar Store Flower Craft

Today was Mommy and Hey day. After the princess treatment at the nail salon, we made a trip to the Dollar Store, our 2nd favorite place to go get craft supplies. I am getting better at envisioning what I can do with things for art.  I don't always need to resort to Pinterest or Google. Now I don't know how original of an idea it is, but it it new to me.
I bought self-stick flags to create pretty flowers. Great thing about this craft is that it is very self explanatory. It is super easy for any child to create beautiful art. This flower craft fed my kids need to craft without the mess or fuss.
easy dollar store preschool flower craft
Flower Craft with self-stick flags.

Dollar store flower craft
Great craft supply from the Dollar Store.

flower craft supplies
Supplies I made available for flower craft creations.
We used Creatology Foam Stickers 'Shapes' to create the centers of the flowers. We cut up a few of the triangles to create the stems for the flowers.
simple self-stick flag dollar store flower craft
Self-stick flags made into a simple flower craft.
With easy crafts like this, my girls will do several before they get bored with it. I love it when something so inexpensive can be used to create art. You cannot beat art inspired by a $1 purchase. My girls added their own touch to their creations.

Myrrh added a pig.

A pig added in with the flower blossoms.
Hey created a cottage with a picket fence. You can make more things with the self-stick flags, a picket fence, what a great idea!

dollar store self-stick flag craft
Summer cottage with a 'white' picket fence.
What could you make with the self-stick flags?


No comments:

Post a Comment